Post Closer/Trailing Documents
OVM Financial is seeking an entry-level candidate to join our Post Closing Department! The candidate will assist the Post Closing Department at the Post Closing Manager’s direction, with primary emphasis on the delivery of legal documents to investors. The candidate will be expected to learn how to operate Ellie Mae Encompass 360 as it pertains to the job’s specific requirements. The candidate will also be expected to communicate with OVM Financial affiliates to obtain documents and corrections as needed in a positive and professional manner.
Post Closing/Trailing Documents Primary Responsibilities
- Handles large volumes of incoming mail.
- Manages all investor Trailing Document Reports.
- Receives and logs all Trailing Documents (Final Title Policies, Recorded Deeds of Trust, Recorded Assignments, Recorded Power of Attorney, Etc.)
- Examines Recorded Deeds of Trust returned from Settlement for accuracy, correct recording order, etc.
- Examines Final Title Policies after closing for accuracy of information.
- Submits all Trailing Documents to the purchasing Investor promptly to prevent any late fees.
- Rectifies any outstanding conditions related to Trailing Documents provided by the purchasing Investor in a timely manner to prevent any late fees or re-purchases.
- Communicates effectively with Settlement Agents regarding corrections needs to Trailing Documents.
- Assists in any borrower phone calls related to Final Title Policies or Recorded Deeds of Trust.
- Transfers Holder/Servicer in FHA Connection on VHDA loans.
- Keeps Original legal documents organized in a workable manner while the loan is being purchased, corrections are being obtained, etc.
- Performs all other duties assigned.
Education, Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, Experience
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Ability to review and scrutinize legal documents for completeness and accuracy
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Able to work effectively and efficiently in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent time management skills
- Ability and willingness to learn new skills quickly
- Must be a team player and a “go-getter.”
- Proficient in Excel
This is an in-office position at our corporate headquarters in Virginia Beach, VA! OVM Financial is an equal opportunity employer. Benefits include health, dental, vision, paid time off, company lunches, and more!
Working On Our Team
Every company has a secret weapon. Ours isn’t so secret. Our employees’ overall work experience directly translates to our client’s level of satisfaction with their lending experience. That’s why the OVM Financial office is no stranger to morning coffee rituals, mid-week surprises, annual traditions, or the recognition of a job well done! “Company Culture” isn’t an expression, it’s a feeling, and when you walk through the halls of our corporate office, we know that you will feel it too!
About OVM Financial
From our visionary opening in 2001, OVM Financial has taken what the mortgage industry has typically done and flipped it upside down – offering our customers, employees, and partners an experience like none other. Our core values of honesty, accountability, and integrity define who we are. Our success is not solely determined by profit and loss, but rather by the friends and families that benefit from our hard work. We understand that there is no larger financial decision made in a person’s life than that of homeownership, and we exist to ensure that the outcome of each transaction is smooth, informative, on-time, and life-changing. It is our goal to become our client’s mortgage provider for life by treating the entire process with the respect and care it deserves. OVM Financial is an independently owned and operated retail mortgage lender serving VA, NC, SC, GA, TN, MD, and FL. We have several branches and satellite office locations with the bulk of our operations team located at our corporate headquarters in Virginia Beach, VA. For five years running, we have been recognized by Inc. 5000 as one of America’s fastest-growing private companies.
See what we’re up to on social media and give us a follow to keep up with the best lending community in town!