Mortgage Loan Partner
OVM Financial is looking for a talented individual to join a successful mortgage team in Virginia Beach. This exciting opportunity is for a person who is a motivated, self-starter that takes initiative. This individual needs to be hardworking, trustworthy, have phenomenal organization skills and have a very strong work ethic. You must have a can-do attitude and the ability to learn quickly, plus adapt to a demanding and changing work environment.
Duties and Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Manage a pipeline from application to close
- Able to evaluate loan scenarios and loan programs best suited for customers
- Able to convey loan program, process, and expectations for the homebuying process
- Prequalifying applicants for various loan programs, which include running credit reports and pricing for interest rates
- Responsible for sending prequalification letters to all buyers and referral partners
- Work with clients, referral partners, and affiliates to smoothly process transactions along with generating reports for pipeline, closing, and customers on a weekly basis
- Weekly call session to current/past database clients and referral partner
- Input client information in client tracker, CRM platforms, and online referral systems
- Gather initial documentation from applicants for the approval process and submission to operations
- Will be the first point of contact in handling customer inquiries
- Process applications through the Automated Underwriting System: LP and DU
- Prepare loans to be submitted to Operations Team within 24 hours of receiving all disclosures
- Attend weekly meetings with Operations Team to review file status
- Continuously update all parties about the status of the loan files
- Minimum of 2+ years of experience in the mortgage industry
- NMLS Licensed preferred; ability to pass MLO test within 90 days of start date
- High School Diploma and or GED
- Prior and/or current position as a Loan Officer Assistant, Loan Officer, or Processor preferred
- Must have a positive and can-do attitude
- Must be proactive, problem-solver, and forward-thinking
- Must have the availability to assist clients and referral partners after work hours and weekends
- Must have excellent organizational and project management skills.
- Must have strong data entry skills
- Must be a team player
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suites
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and meet deadlines
$55,000 / Commensurate with experience
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- Dental insurance
- Life insurance
- Flexible spending account
Working On Our Team
Every company has a secret weapon. Ours isn’t so secret. Our employees’ overall work experience directly translates to our client’s level of satisfaction with their lending experience. That’s why the OVM Financial office is no stranger to morning coffee rituals, mid-week surprises, annual traditions, or the recognition of a job well done! “Company Culture” isn’t an expression, it’s a feeling, and when you walk through the halls of our corporate office, we know that you will feel it too!
About OVM Financial
From our visionary opening in 2001, OVM Financial has taken what the mortgage industry has typically done and flipped it upside down – offering our customers, employees, and partners an experience like none other. Our core values of honesty, accountability, and integrity define who we are. Our success is not solely determined by profit and loss, but rather by the friends and families that benefit from our hard work. We understand that there is no larger financial decision made in a person’s life than that of homeownership, and we exist to ensure that the outcome of each transaction is smooth, informative, on-time, and life-changing. It is our goal to become our client’s mortgage provider for life by treating the entire process with the respect and care it deserves. OVM Financial is an independently owned and operated retail mortgage lender serving VA, NC, SC, GA, TN, MD, and FL. We have several branches and satellite office locations with the bulk of our operations team located at our corporate headquarters in Virginia Beach, VA. For five years running, we have been recognized by Inc. 5000 as one of America’s fastest-growing private companies.
See what we’re up to on social media and give us a follow to keep up with the best lending community in town!