Buying a home is not something to take lightly. It is a huge decision, so why would a buyer or Realtor® use an online, call center lender? This leads the buyer on a goose chase. They may end up talking to a different person each time they call. They will probably feel like a number in a huge stack of files. Choosing a lender that is focused on helping buyers at the local level offers many advantages:
- Face to face meetings – The last thing we want is for our buyers to feel like they can not talk to a human face-to-face. If meeting in person is your preference, we are happy to grab a cup of coffee, jump on a skype/facetime call, or meet with you at a branch location that is convenient for you.
- Personalized service and care – Our lenders care deeply about becoming a client’s trusted home loan specialist. We take great pride in delivering exceptional service. Visit our Zillow profile to read the reviews.
- Access to local resources & trusted partners – We can make recommendations of the best Reltors®, Home Inspectors, Contractors, Accountants, Title Companies, and Legal professionals to coach you through every phase.
- Local area expertise – Our loan originators have their finger on the pulse of the areas in which they serve. They know the market like the back of their hand. Most of our loan officers are from the areas in which they serve.
- High level of communication – We communicate in whichever method you prefer – via call, e-mail, text, or in-person meetings.
OVM Financial – Local Lender
In 2017, 95% of OVM’s closed loans were home purchases. Why is that important? It shows that we are not a refinance center that doesn’t understand the ins and outs of a purchase transaction. Today many lenders are transitioning from a heavy refinance market and learning the purchase market. Not OVM! We have been fully focused on understanding the local purchase market. Navigating through a purchase process takes experience from loan officers who understand the market. If you are a buyer, it is rare that you will hear a Realtor® recommendation like “You know, I have this great internet or call center lender you need to call.” Maybe they have a lower rate, but it typically comes at a cost. That cost may be high and includes missing out on results such as the following:
- On-time closing
- Clear communication
- Answers to questions
- Matching the loan product to the buyer scenario
Key Advantages of OVM, Your Local Lender
If you don’t close on-time, there could be severe consequences. Examples include rate lock extension costs, seller backing out, wreck moving plans, and more. Additionally, verbal and written communication is key to keeping all parties updated throughout the purchase process. Good or bad, our borrower will understand the details and status of the purchase at all times. Furthermore, we strongly believe in providing answers to our buyer’s questions and providing education about things a buyer may not think about. If a buyer has a clear understanding of their options, the process, and the products their stress level will decrease significantly.
Finally, we believe in matching the correct product(s) to the buyer’s scenario and goals. There is a thorough discussion with the buyer that starts with the application and prequalification stage. This discovery phase leads to a mortgage plan that provides the buyer and the buyer’s agent total confidence in the proposed strategy. Every buyer faces different challenges, and no loan is the same. Therefore, a smart buyer will choose a lender that caters to their unique circumstances.
If you think about it, why wouldn’t most providers in the purchase process be local resources? Choosing a closing attorney outside of the buyer’s market creates challenges. Plus, local insurance agents understand the risks and opportunities for insuring a property properly. Local home inspectors and appraisers are key as well. Your local lender knows the local providers and has experience working with them to ensure the highest level of performance.
Use Local Lender to Win the Offer
As mentioned above, Realtors® know that prequalification letters from online, service center lenders or big banks have more issues than a reputable and referable local lender. Closing quickly is usually not an option. Plus, communication with the loan officer is difficult at best and don’t count on reaching one at nights or weekends. Believe it or not, some of these lenders offer prequal letters without even pulling credit! That is worthless to a seller who is considering offers. Buyers in a competitive situation may have a listing agent warning the seller about taking one of these offers attached to a lender that cannot perform quickly and at a high level.
Ability to Meet or Exceed Contract Terms
Ask a Realtor® in a competitive market, and most will tell you that closing on-time and communication are the most important qualities a lender can offer. While considering offers, sellers are considering price, the strength of the buyer, and ability to close on time. Sellers seek confidence on the sale side so that they can perform well on the buyer side simultaneously. A Realtor® is typically referring to a local mortgage lender for a very good reason, and that is for their client to get into their new property with the best experience possible.
20 Day Clear
Imagine having a mortgage loan cleared to close from underwriting in 20 days or less. Being able to have this confidence cruising into the closing date or even closing early would be ideal. That is why we offer the 20 Day Clear.
Do You Have One of These Scenarios?
- A quick closing date
- A complex scenario
- Moving to an unfamiliar area
- Not getting quick responses from a lender
- Lack of knowledgeable loan officer
Even if you are a highly qualified buyer with no issues and plenty of time to close, why wouldn’t you trust an experienced, local lender with everything we have discussed? Now, find the OVM Financial loan officer in your local area and discover what Lending Redefined means!