Mortgage Loan Originator
Are you looking for a boost in your career? Are you looking for a level of excitement that you are just not receiving in your current position? Are you a team player looking for the right team to bring your A-Game? Are you looking for an opportunity to have unlimited income earning potential?
The Lewis Lending Team of OVM Financial is a mortgage origination team that prides itself on effective systems, imperial communication skills, and laser-focused team roles. This vision allows for any person on the team to experience a plug-and-play start to success. The team dynamic that we’ve created has put us in the position to offer the right candidate optimal success, unlimited income earning potential, and a phenomenal work-life balance.
The ideal candidate for this position will have a “raving fans” customer service mentality, excellent oral and written communication skills, superb sales skills, be ambitious, self-motivated, and a self-starter. This seasoned originator should be a team player and work independently with general knowledge of traditional mortgage loan products such
as FHA, VA, and conventional.
If you are looking for a new way to be successful, have unlimited earning potential, and a solid minimum income, then the Lewis Lending Team may be the perfect fit!
We will offer a generous sign-on bonus for the right candidate.
Objectives of this Role
- Maintain strong relationships with the team’s realtor and builder partners
- Establish and nurture new relationships with realtors, builders, developers, CPA’s, and financial planners
- Negotiate ideal price, terms, and conditions for home mortgages
- Determine and address problems that may arise during the loan application process
Daily and Monthly Responsibilities
- Coordinate customer interaction and interface with all parties involved in each individual loan
- Guide customers through the loan process, including negotiation, terms, and conditions
- Learn and understand rules and regulation guidelines from FNMA, FHLMC, FHA, and VA
- Keep aware of all origination, processing, appraisal, underwriting, and closing requirements for both company and investor guidelines pertaining to both government insured and privately insured mortgages
Skills and Qualifications
- Must be NMLS licensed for 2 years
- Must have worked in the mortgage industry within the last 2 years
- Must be in the Hampton Roads area or able to relocate at own expense
- Ability to work in a fast-paced team environment
- Advanced knowledge of lending and credit markets
- Knowledge of all Federal and State real estate lending regulations
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Advanced interpersonal skills, with a strong focus on customer service
- Highly detail-oriented
Benefits and Employee Perks
- We will offer a generous sign-on bonus for the right candidate
- Medical, dental, and vision plans offered
- Paid vacation and holidays
- Catered lunches and employee appreciation events
About OVM Financial
From our visionary opening in 2001, OVM Financial has taken what the mortgage industry has typically done and flipped it upside down – offering our customers, employees, and partners an experience like none other. Our core values of honesty, accountability, and integrity define who we are. Our success is not solely determined by profit and loss, but rather by the friends and families that benefit from our hard work. We understand that there is no larger financial decision made in a person’s life than that of homeownership, and we exist to ensure that the outcome of each transaction is smooth, informative, on-time, and life-changing. It is our goal to become our client’s mortgage provider for life by treating the entire process with the respect and care it deserves. OVM Financial is an independently owned and operated retail mortgage lender serving VA, NC, SC, GA, TN, MD, and FL. We have several branches and satellite office locations with the bulk of our operations team located at our corporate headquarters in Virginia Beach, VA. For five years running, we have been recognized by Inc. 5000 as one of America’s fastest-growing private companies.
See what we’re up to on social media and give us a follow to keep up with the best lending community in town!