Mortgage Compliance Support Specialist
OVM Financial is searching for a compliance specialist to join our team. The compliance specialist supports compliance oversight of OVM Financials’ mortgage servicing practice by documenting and conducting risk assessments of regulatory and legal risks and controls, compliance monitoring, compliance audits, compliance reporting, analyzing regulatory consumer complaints, and State examination management. This includes working directly with the business units to ensure that business practices and procedures provide a sufficient control environment to manage regulatory risk and that control gaps are appropriately addressed.
The Compliance Specialist must know both federal and state laws and regulations applicable to mortgage servicing and is responsible for understanding changes to these laws and regulations and how they impact the business. The Compliance Specialist assists the business units with the implementation of processes and procedures to support these requirements.
- Support the business and compliance teams in documenting and updating regulatory risks and associated controls
- Assist with regulatory compliance risk assessments
- Assist with conducting regulatory compliance monitoring
- Mange State examinations
- Assist with conducting regulatory compliance audits
- Help analyze responses to consumer complaints concerning regulatory matters
- Develop relationships within business units to ensure partnership approach to compliance management
- Report business unit compliance needs and support the business in creating processes and procedures that comply with regulatory requirements
- Special projects as defined by Compliance management
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- 1-3 years of regulatory compliance and risk management experience in the financial services industry, preferably mortgage servicing, but other regulatory banking compliance experience will be considered.
- Experience conducting risk assessments and compliance monitoring and auditing
- Experience managing State examinations
- Working knowledge of some of the following mortgage and banking regulatory requirements or similar: RESPA, TILA, HPA, FCRA, FDCPA, ECOA, UDAAP, GLBA, relevant implementing regulations, as well as state-level laws and regulations
- Exposure to legal research and analyzing legislation, statutes, regulations, and exam manuals
- Ability to review and communicate compliance research results pertaining to regulatory, investor, agency, and corporate policies, procedures, and guidelines
- Excellent analytical skills
- Experience communicating effectively, both verbally and in writing, with all levels of management and internal business partners
- Professional presentation skills
- High attention to detail, excellent organizational skills, and ability to keep and hold others to commitments
- Self-motivated individual must have the ability to handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work both independently and as a team player
- Able to forge strong relationships with colleagues
- Proficient in Microsoft suite products
Working On Our Team
Every company has a secret weapon. Ours isn’t so secret. Our employees’ overall work experience directly translates to our client’s level of satisfaction with their lending experience. That’s why the OVM Financial office is no stranger to morning coffee rituals, mid-week surprises, annual traditions, or the recognition of a job well done! “Company Culture” isn’t an expression, it’s a feeling, and when you walk through the halls of our corporate office, we know that you will feel it too!
About OVM Financial
From our visionary opening in 2001, OVM Financial has taken what the mortgage industry has typically done and flipped it upside down – offering our customers, employees, and partners an experience like none other. Our core values of honesty, accountability, and integrity define who we are. Our success is not solely determined by profit and loss, but rather by the friends and families that benefit from our hard work. We understand that there is no larger financial decision made in a person’s life than that of homeownership, and we exist to ensure that the outcome of each transaction is smooth, informative, on-time, and life-changing. It is our goal to become our client’s mortgage provider for life by treating the entire process with the respect and care it deserves. OVM Financial is an independently owned and operated retail mortgage lender serving VA, NC, SC, GA, TN, MD, and FL. We have several branches and satellite office locations with the bulk of our operations team located at our corporate headquarters in Virginia Beach, VA. For five years running, we have been recognized by Inc. 5000 as one of America’s fastest-growing private companies.
See what we’re up to on social media and give us a follow to keep up with the best lending community in town!