Thank you for attending the 5th Annual Pick-A-Charity Bash at the Shack! Each year, this event gets bigger and better thanks to our partners, sponsors, and guests. Read below for more details surrounding this annual event. We look forward to bashing with you in 2019.
Special thanks to our sponsors for the 5th Annual Pick-A-Charity Bash! If you’d like to be a sponsor for The 6th Annual Charity Bash, fill out the form below.
Each year, OVM Financial encourages Pick-A-Charity Bash guests to donate to a 501(c)(3) charitable organization of their choice. If your organization would like to be a part of next year’s bash, please fill out the form below.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Are there any restrictions on the charity we can select? The only requirement is that your donation must go to a charity that is recognized as a non-profit 501(c)(3) organization. So, no; you can’t donate to your buddy’s beer fund.
- Where is the event located? The event is located at the Shack at 8th at the Virginia Beach oceanfront.
- How much do I have to donate? We encourage you to donate as much as you can. The minimum donation to receive a ticket to our charity party is $35 per person.
- How do I get a ticket? Tickets will be available starting 8/1/18 at our Corporate Office – 816 Greenbrier Circle, Suite 100, Chesapeake, VA 23320 or our Lynnhaven Office – 770 Lynnhaven Parkway, Suite 200, Virginia Beach, VA 23452.
- Is my donation tax deductible? If you write us a check made out directly to the charity of your choice and it is a true recognized charity you should be able to claim it as a tax deduction.
- What do I wear? The event is casual.
- What does the ticket include? The ticket gets you into the party where you can expect to have a great night of free food, free drinks, and lots of fun. PLUS, you get to have the warm fuzzies
from knowing you have played a part to help those less fortunate.
- Where do I park? Free street parking is available, and there are city parking garages.
- Can I bring my kids? This event will have the cocktails flowing, so we are keeping it 21 and up. Parents find a sitter and keep the kiddos at home and make it a date night.
- What if I forget my ticket? More beer and food for us, duh. Just kidding! Check-in at the event, and we can look up your transaction and verify your donation was received, and you can still party with us.
- What if it rains? The event space has plenty of room inside. Rain or shine, the event will still go on.
- I want to do more, how can I? If you would like to be an event sponsor, then you’re a true humanitarian. We would love for your help to make this event a success. Sponsorship information can be found below.